Saturday, February 11, 2017

Full Sail Brew Pub - A pub with its own brewery!

Tags


Full Sail Brew Pub is located in the town of Hood River. It is about 70 miles East of Portland.  Hood River is known to be the home of many breweries and Full Sail Brew Pub has its own brewery as well.  in fact, the Full Sail brewery is the largest brewery in Hood River. You can see the sign of Full Sail brewery from highway I84.  The Full Sail brewery even provides guided tour to its brewery.


The Full Sail Brew Pub also offers outdoor patio seats.  Even during the winter season, the patio is covered up with plastic covers, so the patio is still open for people to dine.  In addition, the pub offers beer tasting samplers. This tasting sampler comes with 6 different flavors for the cost of $14.  I think it is a good deal, although I don't really drink.  If you are like me who does not enjoy drinking beer but still want to try Full Sail's product, you can try their Root Beer.  Full Sail does brew their own Root Beer as well.  Furthermore, Full Sail brewery has its regular beer flavors and seasonal flavors. I highly recommend people to try the seasonal beers.

When we go there, we did not order any beer since we are not beer drinkers like I mentioned before.  One of the menu item surprised me. This item is Udon! I was not expecting to see this type of restaurant to offer Udon!  I actually thought about ordering it just to see what it is like, but I decided to go with their signature burger. Thus we ordered a Full Sail Burger and a Salmon Cake.


About 5 minutes later, the burger is here! The Full Sail burger comes with the usual cheese, tomato, and lettuce.  On top of the usual stuff, it also has caramelized onion! I love the onion so much!  You can also choose how you want the beef to be cooked. I chose medium for mine and it is cooked perfectly.  A lot of juice is still locked inside the beef and the beef is not so raw either!  Lot of juice coming out of the beef when I took a bite.  I love the fries as well. The fries was thick and crunchy. Yes, I love thick fries!


The second dish is the salmon cake.  It comes with 3 pieces of salmon cakes, coleslaw, and a cup of spicy mayo sauce I think. The coleslaw and the spicy mayo sauce are just like any other ones that you would see at other restaurant.  However, I really like the salmon cake though.  The salmon cake is made out of smashed salmon, some mashed potato, green onion, carrot, and other stuff.  It is pan fried to have some crunchiness to it.  The flavor of salmon is still strong in the cake although it is mixed with many other stuff.

Overall, this restaurant is a must visit place when you go to Hood River.  Although we are not drinkers, I recommend people to try the sampler that the pub offers since it is fresh from their brewery.  Moreover, I recommend people to go there early if you decide to dine there as the restaurant can get quite packed.  Lastly, don't forget to pay for your parking!  All the street parking at Hood River require pay to park!  The maximum cost is just $3.


EmoticonEmoticon