Saturday, January 21, 2017

Solo Club - Best Cafe With Indoor Balcony

Tags


Solo Club is one of the best Cafe I have been to that has indoor balcony seating area. Solo Club is located in Northwest Portland in Rose Quarter. It is located on 21st street, just 2 blocks away from 23rd street. It is also a sister restaurant of Besaw's and you can read more about Besaw's in this article.  I went to Solo Club in the early afternoon after lunch and there were plenty of parking on the street. Currently there are many new condo constructions in the surrounding area, so make sure you don't park at the wrong place. In addition, do not park at the New Season's parking lot since that is only meant for the customers going to New Season's.




When I walked into Solo Club, I was amazed by how bright it is inside. The Cafe is filled with natural light and gives a very comfort feeling. The Cafe is also decorated with bright paint color which also lightens the mood. The seating area in the Cafe also offer different type of seats such as sofa and hanging chairs like the ones you see at Pier 1 Import. The tall shelve behind the bar is also filled with bottles that hold different flavor of drinks.



One of the best thing is that Solo Club Cafe has a second floor balcony. I always loved to have a second floor balcony. From the balcony, you have the view of the entire Cafe from the top. I can imagine myself to spend the entire afternoon here with a cup of coffee or tea, and perhaps writing blogs or work here.  The only thing that surprised me is that I was the only one sitting at the balcony. Everyone else was sitting on the first floor.

When I was there, I just ordered coffee with milk. It came with a special looking cup with snake pattern on it. The snake pattern was quite unique, but I forgot to take a picture of it. The milk came in a metal container. The taste of coffee was great as well. To me, it tastes like Starbuck coffee. I am not very picky on the coffee that I drink. When I go to a Cafe to drink coffee, the atmosphere is the most important thing. Thus I really enjoy drinking coffee here at Solo Club.  It is probably one of the best experience that I have for drinking coffee since I love this indoor balcony so much, especially in the afternoon of a raining day in Portland.

If you have not been to Solo Club yet, I highly recommend you to pay a visit to Solo Club.  Currently there are more and more luxury condos being built around the area, I can just imagine that there will be more people to come here. Moreover, since it is a sister restaurant of Besaw's, Besaw's sometimes give you a free drink coupon to Solo Club if the wait time at Besaw's takes too long. Lastly, Solo Club cafe itself does not have a washroom in there. The washroom is in the apartment complex, but you have to walk out of the Cafe first.


EmoticonEmoticon